Earlier in the month, before the Zimdancehall Awards ceremony held tonight, we speculated on who would bag the most awards this year. Killer T takes that title for 2016, ahead of Winky D! The two artists were both nominated for 7 awards each.
Of the 7 categories that he was nominated in, Killer T won 4 awards in the following:
- Best Artist 2016 (Male)
- Best Collaboration with Fungisai Zvakavapano for the song Vanondibatirana
- Best Album for his 2015 Album Ngoma Ndaimba
- Best Social Message for Chikorobho (tied with Seh Calaz)
He however didn’t win in the following 3 categories:
- Song of the Year (won by Winky D’s Disappear)
- Best Conscious Song (won by Seh Calaz’s Amai)
- Zimdancehall Ambassador (won by Freeman)
Who else won a lot of awards? Seh Calaz got 2 awards, and Winky D just 2 as well. Winky was heavily contesting the Best Artist Award because of the success of his Disappear song but ultimately, Killer T had a more successful 2015 overall.