The 2016 Zimdancehall Awards were recently held in Harare, rewarding artists who had done exceptionally well throughout the year 2015.
One of those artists who many Zimdancehall fell is at the top of his game right now is Killer T.
The ‘Chairman‘, as he is affectionately referred to by his fas has featured on a number of award lists this year and we sum them up below.
- Nominated for Outstanding Song for Popopopo – Tirikumhanya (won by Winky D’s Disappear)
- Won Best Zimdancehall Music for Ngoma Ndoimba
- Nominated for Best Male Artiste (won by Jah Prayzah)
- Nominated for Best Song Of The Year for two songs: Vanondibatirana – featuring Fungisai and for Takuda Kumbofarawo (won by Winky D’s Disappear)
- Nominated for Album of the Year for Ngoma Ndaimba (won by Jah Prayzah’s Jerusarema)
- Won Best Artist 2016 (Male)
- Won Best Collaboration with Fungisai Zvakavapano for the song Vanondibatirana
- Won Best Album for his 2015 Album Ngoma Ndaimba
- Won Best Social Message for Chikorobho (tied with Seh Calaz)
- Nominated for Song of the Year for Toda Kumbofarawo (won by Winky D’s Disappear)
- Nominated for Best Conscious Song for Kumanikidzira Rudo (won by Seh Calaz’s Amai)
- Nominated for Zimdancehall Ambassador (won by Freeman)