We’re heading to the home straight with the OK Grand Challenge. In less than 3 weeks the curtain will come down on yet another landmark, record-breaking annual shoppers promotion. There will be joy on hundreds, if not thousands of shoppers would would have exercised their rights to enjoy the deals that would have come their way.
Here are some must do’s that EVERY shopper in Zimbabwe must do before the 6th of June 2015:
26. A total of over 50 stores around the country will be opening their doors from between 10 – 12 hours a day, allowing you the convenience of shopping at your leisure.
25. For every purchase of at least $5 (and for every multiple of $5 thereafter) you are given a coupon. The more coupons you get, the higher your chances of winning.
24. For your convenience you can either buy pre-paid electricity and/or cash-in/out into your mobile wallet at a large number of OK Zimbabwe branches.
23. You can also receive money from South Africa, through either Western Union or Mukuru, as well as through from FNB Money from our OK Money Centre while your are enjoying your shopping.
22. If you are interested in entering the promotion using the Econet Debit Card platform, make sure you are registered by EcoCash and you have your smart card ready to make purchases.
21. Make sure you get the respective coupons from Grand Challenge officials from any OK Shop after buying your groceries.
20. Make sure you know the brands on promotion before you make purchases. This will help you to save a lot of money if you buy products on promotion at reduced prices.
19. Make sure you get the respective coupons from the Grand Challenge officials from any OK Zimbabwe branch after buying your groceries.
18. At previous events, there were musicians, drum majorettes, face painters, ponies and jumping castles as entertainment.
17. Renowned artists will be attending the event, along with music. There will be a great deal of entertainment from musicians, hence you need to bring your family.
16. Be sure you carry sufficient entrance fees. Its $2 for adults and $1 for kids.
15. Though there will be lots of fun and games, be sure to keep an eye on your belongings and your little ones at all times.
13. Mark off Saturday 6 June in advance on your calendar because that is when the OK Grand Challenge horse race and grand draw will be held.
12. Gates open at 9AM. Come prepared for the horse races that will be taking place. Bring an umbrella or/and a sun hat.
11. Look out in the daily newspapers on the final acceptances for the horse race field that will list the horses that will compete in this years event.
10. On the day of the race, purchase the race card at the Borrowdale Race Course so that you can get all the information about the races that will be taking place on the day.
9. You are encouraged to arrive at the venue on time so that you will get a place to sit before the racecourse is filled with thousands of other spectators.
8. If you are unable to attend the live draw, make sure you switch on your television set and watch the grand draw live.
7. The good news for out of Harare shoppers is that there are residential stands specifically allocated for your area. So be sure to keep on shopping until you land yourself that lovely residential stand coupon!
6. Be sure to fill in your name, national ID number and residential address correctly to avoid heartbreaks if you happen to win a prize.
5. For any prize, make sure you have your national identity card,driver’s licence or passport in order to be presented wanting to collect a prize.
4. If you have participated in the promotion and you are looking forward to winning the grand prize, make sure you are at the venue on the day, as only those resent stand a chance
3. A total of 44 cars are set to be won at this years edition, be sure to be part of the event as you could be one of the lucky winners and drive away a proud owner of one or more of the vehicles up for grabs
2. You do not have to be at the venue to win a residential stand or any other the 43 promotional cars, however, you must have entered and filled in correctly your coupon to win.
1. Be sure to submit your coupons by no later than 5pm on Friday 5 June 2015. No late entries will be entertained.